Hogwarts, New Generation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new generation of Witches and Wizards join Hogwarts. Lies will be heard. Loves will be made. Friendships will be broken. Admist all this a new evil is rising. Will you pretend to be ignorant of this evil, will you stand up and fight or will you join it?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
THE FORUM IS NOW IN THE SUMMER OF 2018. HOGWARTS IS CLOSED BUT EVERYWHERE ELSE IS OPEN ENJOY THE SUNSHINE, HIT THE BEACH OR JUST HANG OUT AT HOME - SUMMER IS HERE!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Ties That Bind HP AU RPG
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Guest Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:24 pm

» Ashes to Ashes
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:18 pm

» David Shuter
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby David Shuter Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:51 pm

» Hogwarts: Now and Forever (Harry Potter RP)
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Melinda Cordell Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:35 am

» Sweet tooth (Ernest)
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Ernest Shuter Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:57 pm

» Tate Langdon
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Tate Langdon Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:33 am

» Male Face Claim
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Tate Langdon Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:46 am

» Hogwarts: Bronze Horizon
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Mystique Vega Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:30 pm

» HogwartsGoldenAge
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Mystique Vega Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:28 pm

» Patronus Animal:
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Mystique Vega Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:52 pm

» Adult - Mystique Vega
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Claire Bentley Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:17 pm

» Jackson Quinn
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Jackson Quinn Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:35 pm

» Student - Ernest Shuter
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Claire Bentley Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:53 pm

» A world full of desire (Open)
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Violet Harmon Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:44 pm

» Looking for a Companion (Open)
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Morgan Warren Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:42 pm

» Animagus Application:
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Mystique Vega Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:32 pm

» Adult - Marlina Selestia
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Claire Bentley Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:00 pm

» Older (open)
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Evangeline Blackwood Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:24 am

» First Year (open)
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Genevieve Mcintyre Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:31 am

» Where's Thomas? (Morgana/Seamus)
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Seamus Finnigan Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:26 am

» Girls and Dolls (open)
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Milicent Finnigan Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:21 am

» Rpers
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Claire Bentley Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:26 am

» Punishment for Breaking the Rules.
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Claire Bentley Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:54 am

» The Wait for Dinner (Susan / Ciara)
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby Ciara Finnigan Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:26 pm

» Future of the Wizarding World// Slightly AU Potter Rp/ Assassin Creed Crossover
Child - Jia Bassi Emptyby David Shuter Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:09 pm

Top posting users this month
No user
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Child - Jia Bassi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Claire Bentley
Admin
Claire Bentley

Birthday : March 19th
Job : Deputy-Headmistress, Potions Professor and Head of Slytherin
House/Year : Head of Slytherin

Child - Jia Bassi Empty
PostSubject: Child - Jia Bassi   Child - Jia Bassi EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:36 pm

Basic Information;

Full Name; Jia Bassi
Date of Birth; August 3rd
Age on September 1st: 6
Age on Next Birthday: 7
Blood Purity; Half-Blood
Hometown; Leicester, England
Current Home; Glasgow, Scotland

Appearance;

Hair; Jia has very long hair, so long she can sit on it, and it is thick and glossy. It is dark brown in colour but often looks black.
Eye Color; She has dark brown eyes.
Height; 3ft 7"
Weight; 45.5 pounds
Body Type; Jia is a skinny girl with the dark skin of her Indian Heritage. She has a roundish face with a slightly pointed chin and quite big ears that are generally covered with her hair.
Dress Style; Despite her Grandmother's disapproval Jia still loves brightly coloured clothes. Pinks, reds, oranges and purples. She always has some sort of Indian twist to her outfits even when she is wearing casual clothes but she keeps her Sari's for special occasions.
Other (eg birth mark, tattoo ect); She has her ears pierced.

Personality;
Personality; Jia is a bubbly and determined little girl who can be remarkably stubborn. She always intends to be good but sometimes something exciting or curious makes her forget an order she has been given. She is a curious girl who loves asking questions and taking things apart to see how they work. She has a relatively sweet nature but if she doesn't want to do something or she does want to and isn't being allowed to then her stubborn streak will surface and she will dig her heels in. Jia is afraid of some things - snakes, thunder storms, being alone in the houses after dark - but in other ways she is fearless like if she feels someone needs her help. She is always coming up with ways of making the world a better place and chattering away to no-one in particular about these plans. She is a daddies girl and no-one can replace her father's spot in her heart. She idolizes him and would do anything for him.
Likes; Her Indian heritage, exploring, asking questions, taking things apart to see how they work
Dislikes; When her Grandmother punishes her, when her father is away, thunderstorms, snakes, being home alone after dark.
Strengths; Jia is a smart little girl with her heart in the right place.
Weaknesses; Jia gets distracted from finishing tasks, can chat like anything and has a stubborn streak.
Quirks; Her eyes go wide and she bites down on her lower lip when she knows a secret about someone.
Habits; She keeps calling her Grandmother Mrs Patil, instead of Grandmother.

Background; Leicester, England had been the home of Mr and Mrs Thomas since the birth of their second son Jake Thomas almost two years ago. Previously they had lived in Harrow, London with their eldest son Alexander Thomas. From the outside the couple seemed to be as happy as they had ever been but the in reality Pavarti and Dean Thomas were having problems. Pavarti was Indian by heritage and had been receiving frequent requests from her large extended family in India to bring the children and return to living there. They did not approve of the British born Dean Thomas and it became clear they felt they had kept silent on the matter long enough.

Pavarti felt a good compromise would be to relocate the family to Glasgow, Scotland, which was over three hundred miles from their current residence and over five hours by car. The reason for this was Fatima Pavarti, Pavarti's mother, had moved with her husband to the Indian community in Glasgow - the largest Indian community in Scotland - and Pavarti felt living near to her mother would be as good as returning to India. Dean Thomas was unwilling to give up his job and commit to such a big move a mere two years after their last move. He also did not want his sons to be raised in purely Indian community when he was British and they were by heritage mixed race. The arguments caused by this caused great tension within the house. After months of tension and unhappiness the couple temporarily separated.

Pavarti left her children and her husband behind and returned to India to live with her sister, Ashanti. During this separation Devraj (Raj) Bassi. He believed her to be a single mother and instantly took a liking to her. Pavarti enjoyed the attention of the pleasant Indian man and allowed him to keep thinking she was single. Quite quickly they started seeing each other and very quickly Pavarti fell pregnant. A besotted Raj asked Pavarti to marry him and it was at this point she confessed she was already married. Raj was horrified by this, realizing he had slept with someone else wife, and the couple argued. Pavarti returned to England and gave birth to a daughter, Jia, in Leicester Hospital.

Pavarti then returned to India with her daughter. She handed Jia over to her father and then packing up her stuff moved out of Ashanti's apartment and returned to England once more. She finally told Dean that she was back in England. It had been over a year since he had seen his wife and their children had seen their mother. Pavarti moved back into the family home and the couple reunited. In order to keep her marriage saved Pavarti felt sure that she would never need to tell her husband about Raj or the baby.

Meanwhile in Agra, Indian - a city located on the banks of the river Yamuna in the Northern state of Uttar Pradesh - Jia was now in full custody of her father. He adored his daughter and despite how she arrived in the world treasured her. During the day she would attend a state funded nursery while her father was at work and then the rest of the time would be spent with her father. Jia knew little of her mother, bar a picture her father had shown her, and yet she never felt like she was missing something being raised by Raj alone. She felt loved as a child and had a very close relationship with her father. There were pictures of her all over the house and of the two of them laughing and smiling together.

The area of India in which they lived was a relatively safe area with a high tourist count due to the world heritage buildings, such as the Taj Mahal, located within the province. Jia was allowed relative freedom and was a happy child who loved to explore and ask questions. However when she was five years old the family started getting death threats. This had happened before but this was the first time Jia became aware of it, despite her father's attempt to hide it, and it scared her. People threatened the family because of the rumors that had spread about Jia's conception and the dishonor Raj had bought to his family and the Patil family. Raj attempted to keep going as normal but when his daughter was almost run over when a car swerved off the road and missed her by inches Raj knew it was not possible to remain. He began applying for jobs abroad.

After ages searching he finally managed to find employment working for the Oil Rigs off the coast of Scotland. However now he had a problem. The job required him to be out on the rigs for up to six months at a time. Therefore he would need someone to look after Jia on a permanent basis. Researching he found that his old flame Pavarti and her husband Dean Thomas had been killed in a plane crash but their youngest son Jake was currently living with his maternal Grandmother Fatima Patil. Raj wrote to Fatima asking if Jia could come and live with her and received a positive response.

Jia hated her new home. She had been dragged from India - the only home she knew and a country she loved - to live with a Grandmother she had never met and a half-brother she did not even know existed previously. Fatima Pavarti was a very strict woman who showed very little affection, had a lot of rules and spent most of her time scowling and scolding. She still used spanking when she felt a child was being disobedient and a normal punishment was too smart smacks on the backside with a wooden spoon, just as she claimed her mother had done to her. She expected children to be seen and not heard, not answer back and to always do what they are told. This was so different from the life Jia had known that most nights she cried herself to sleep. She missed her father terribly, as he was now out on the oil rig, and dreamed of her life back in India where she had been happy. Especially since Jia speaks the limited English she has learned at school in the last year.

Family;
Mother (Name, age, dead or alive, blood purity); Pavarti Thomas, dead, Half-Blood
Father (Name, age, dead or alive, blood purity); Dean Thomas, dead, Muggle-Born
Siblings (Name, age, dead or alive, blood purity); Half-Brothers - Jake and Alexander Thomas
Other family members (Name, age, dead or alive, blood purity); Maternal Grandmother - Fatima Patil

Favorite toy: Jia's favourite toy is a squishy model of the Taj Mahal that her father bought her from a street vendor. It is well worn because she has had it since she was little and it has been cuddled a lot. She can never sleep without it. It can be squished, and bounced if you drop it and is brightly coloured.
Favorite and Worst food: F - Chicken Razala (Bhopali style chicken cooked in a rich gravy with mint.) W - Kheer (Rice Cooked with Milk and dry fruits.)
Favorite game or show: Jia's favourite game is 'Tag' and her favourite show is 'The Suite Life of Karan & Kabir' an Indian children's show based on an American show.
Other; N/A
Animal; N/A

In Character Point of View ...

What do you want to be when you are older? I want to be an Indian Bride. I do not know if this question is about a job because I have no idea job wise, I am six. I just know one day I want to have a traditional Indian Wedding with a beautiful Sari and all the food!

If you could change one rule your family has what would it be? I would change all the rules. Or just get rid of all the rules. No more stupid rules. No more painful punishments. Just get rid of all the rules! Though admittedly my father had rules, just reasonable ones.

How would the world be different if animals could talk? I am not entirely sure. I think the pigeons would cry 'feed me' instead of squawk. The dogs that people kick in the street would be able to yell at them instead of biting them, and then they wouldn't need to be put down ...

What is the hardest thing about being a child? The hardest thing is having no say over your life. I bet a lot of children say this but it is true. If I had a choice I would be back in India with my Papa and not here. I would certainly never have come to live with Mrs Patil. But I have no choice.

Character is:

Child - Jia Bassi Coolte16
Back to top Go down
Claire Bentley
Admin
Claire Bentley

Birthday : March 19th
Job : Deputy-Headmistress, Potions Professor and Head of Slytherin
House/Year : Head of Slytherin

Child - Jia Bassi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Child - Jia Bassi   Child - Jia Bassi EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 12:07 pm

Last time on the 'Life of Jia Bassi':

1) Jia tried to adjust to life in Scotland but did not manage it very well.
2) Jia slowly learned English and discovered she hated her Grandmother.
3) Jia made the choice to follow Jake when he ran away even though he did not want her.
Back to top Go down

Child - Jia Bassi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts, New Generation :: Character Creation :: Approved Profiles :: Children's Profiles-
Jump to: